Friday, February 19, 2010

K-Pop has taken me by storm

My K-Pop liking probably started when a fun young gal named Car'olyn Chaisson took a facebook quiz to see, "What K-Pop singer" she was. She sent me the link since I would be here in a matter of months. One day while over at their house Car'olyn aka Didee, L and I all streamed some fun songs by the band we were the most like (which I forget now) anyways, we kinda loved it!

So here is to you Didee...THANKS GURRRL! xoxo

Once I got here, K-Pop was all I heard on the streets or at a dance club. Hayley (my co-worker) showed me a really fun song called "Abracadabra" by the Brown Eyed Girls it was my ring tone in a matter of days (or should I say in a matter of how I figured out how to find it in Korean hahah!

After that I would always ask people what some fun songs by Koreans were. I was really going with some cool ones. Luckily my lovas (Jackie, Jen, Becca) and I all LOVE it too. There is a local pub 2 subways stops away from me called "Pub 210" it's a western place owned by Koreans, and it's pretty great. We go there fridays and listen to our K-Pop. I think most foreigners there HATE us because we can request/ put on what WE want to hear, by looking it up on You Tube. We have at least 4 faves that are always going (perhaps more than once). I think the people who work there even get a kick out of us and our love for it. They know us when we come in!!

My fave Korean song is called, "Ring Ding Dong" by SHINee. It's a boy band group aged from 14-18. And these boys can dance. My goal in Korea is to learn all the dance moves to this song. It's really hard.... as I have tried. It's kinda like a workout without the gym. My lovas and I have been learning the moves. Eventually we wanna break out the entire song/dance somewhere when we know it perfectly. Monica in my Master A class LOVES SHINee too, so I sometimes show her my new moves that I have learned, she kinda loves it. She even downloaded the video to her cell to show me which boy is her fave and so I could show her mine...since I didn't know the names. I bought this tiny book in the shopping area of the band and it has a bunch of their pictures in it... it hangs from my phone hahaha! I am a true Korean!


SHINee



This is Min Ho..he's my fave in SHINee

Whenever I find a really fun song I always post the videos to my friend's facebook walls.. I'm not sure if they actually watch them though ahah! But seriously..Elsa and L if I live with ya next year get readdddyyy, that's all I will say!!!

I would LOOoOoOOoOVE to see a K-Pop concert. I saw G-Dragon (the Korean Lady Gaga, who is also in a band called Big Bang) and 2NE1 in September at this huge concert called lobal Gathering but I didn't know who they were then. SO when it gets warmer I plan on searching for some concerts!


G-Dragon



Here are some of my fave songs that everyone MUST download if they want a fun Korean time!! They are not a let down I promise!! And you can find them all on You Tube to test their funness!

Ring Ding Dong- SHINee
Abracadabra- Brown Eyed Girls
Heartbreaker- G-Dragon
Bo Peep, Bo Peep- T-ara
Oh- Girls Generation
Fire- 2NE1
Gee- Girls Generation
Genie- Girls Generation
Breath- G-Dragon
I'm a loner- CN Blue



Girl's Generation


Super Junior


T-ara


Brown Eyed Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment